Note: Course prices are current as of publication date, however they are subject to change without notice. Please contact RTI for current information.
Per Person Price: $1,295 Firm Fixed Price: Available Upon Request
Minimum Class Size: 14 Training Hours: 16
Duration: 2 Days
This course, as all others offered by RTI, can be delivered at your location with the purchaes of 14 seats. Call (706) 951-5685
Delivery Method: Classroom Lecture & Exercises
DOE contractor and commercial personnel who are involved in safety planning, implementation and activities at hazardous and mixed waste management facilities and/or environmental restoration projects. Students with a basic understanding of safety programs will gain the most from this course.
USQD Synopsis The Unreviewed Safety Question (USQ) Process training module is designed for individuals tasked with performing USQ screenings and determinations. The course describes the requirements of 10 CFR 830.203, “Unreviewed Safety Question Process”. Also included are reviews of the purpose and history of the USQ process, the scope of the USQ process and the regulatory drivers and interfaces to other regulations and DOE Orders. Other topics that are discussed and reviewed in this training module include:
• Review of Documented Safety Analyses and how they’re developed.
• Impact of proposed activities on the components of risk.
• The components of risk within the USQ process.
• How the USQ process fits into integrated safety management.
• How the USQ process fits into plant procedures and work practices.
• Applying lessons learned in the USQ process.
• The qualifications, responsibilities, and training requirements of personnel involved in the USQ process.
• USQ documentation and reporting.
• Margin of safety.
• Possible outcomes of the USQ Determination (USQD) process.
• The Potential Inadequacy in Safety Analysis (PISA) process.
• The relationship of occurrence reporting to discovery USQ process.
None; however, students should have a basic safety training.
A practical examination is given at the conclusion of the course and certificates are issued to students successfully completing the course.
For additional information, please contact our Training and Registration Center at (706) 951-5685 or visit our website at www.rtii.org