Note: Course prices are current as of publication date, however they are subject to change without notice. Please contact RTI for current information.
Per Person Price: $890 Firm Fixed Price: Available Upon Request
Minimum Class Size: 23 Training Hours: 16
Duration: 2 Days
This course, as all others offered by RTI, can be delivered at your location with the purchaes of 23 seats. Call (706) 951-5685
Delivery Method: Classroom Lecture & Exercises
DOE contractor and commercial personnel who are involved in the planning and implementation of closure and post-closure care activities at hazardous and mixed waste management facilities and/or environmental restoration projects. Students with a basic understanding of the RCRA/CERCLA program, and other waste management programs will gain the most from this course. Staff involved with closure from other disciplines (e.g., budget planning, contracts management, long-term care and stewardship implementation) could also benefit.
The course will first provide a regulatory overview of the closure and post-closure care requirements of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA). Also, the course will discuss closure and post-closure care requirements for specific waste management units such as landfills, storage pads, as well as areas contaminated as a result of past releases of contaminants such as areas of contamination and solid waste management units. The course will then discuss new, effective ways to plan for the integration of closure among units regulated under different programs, including how to incorporate a wide range of institutional control and business closure activities into their planning activities. Examples of these issues include records management, post-contract liability, and transition to the stewardship phase.
Topics covered include:
- - CERCLA action completion, construction completion, NPL deletion and partial deletion, and five-year reviews and associated documentation;
- - RCRA hazardous waste management unit closure, including clean and risk-based closure, unit specific requirements for closure, closure of mixed and radioactive waste units, and associated documentation;
- - Techniques for conducting integrated planning of closure and post-closure care activities when RCRA, CERCLA, or both programs apply at a site;
- - Institutional controls implementation;
- - Business closure activities including end state planning, site workforce planning, work scope management, and administrative closeout; and
- - Case studies to illustrate each of these major points.
None; however, students should have a basic understanding of RCRA/CERCLA requirements.
DOE Technical Qualification Program Competencies Supported:
Decontamination & Decommissioning
For additional information, please contact our Training and Registration Center at (706) 951-5685 or visit our website at www.rtii.org